First of all thank you for porting Profimail into Android It is by far the best email app available out there for any mobile device. As soon as PM BETA was released I deleted all other email apps I had on my phone.
A few things I have noticed with Android version of PM which would be good to correct. I have a HTC Desire running Android 2.2 with the latest Beta PM dated 2010-09-28
1) If PM is not running and there is no WI-FI or mobile data connection available and you try to open PM it quits straight away!
2) If PM is running and there is no WI-FI or mobile data connection available and I try to get in to one of my mailboxes, I first get ERROR, “Connection Closed by Server” message. When I ok that and try to go in to the mailbox I get another ERROR “Failed to connect (no address associated with host name Error 7)” , it will not open the mailbox, each time I try I get the same error7.
As I travel on the underground a lot, I like to be able to see and answer emails for later syncing when there is no connection to the internet.
3) If you have lost data connection at anytime, PM goes in to error mode and waits for user intervention. Connection errors should not need user intervention. It seems a lot more sensible to have a timed warning message pop up for a few seconds and then go away automatically so PM can carry on trying to sync on the next update.
4) On my phone I have enabled Audiable touch tone and Haptic feedback in the phone’s setup, these do not work while I am using PM.
The following I think is good to do to make PM even better.
5) Touch Scroll speed can be improved, it should feel the same scroll speed as the Android’s browser. Also the scroll bar on the right should be as thin as the Android’s browser.
6) There is no need for the MENU and BACK buttons on the screen, these are already on the phone.
7) Black / White / Grey screen colour theme would be nice.
On initial installation of PM, The installation first goes through the account setting. Before that you should be able to set Data Location, “SD CARD” or “PHONE MEMORY”.
At the moment on installation PM assumes the data is going on the phone memory, downloads the emails filling up the phone memory, before you are able to go into setup changing the data location.
9) Be able to set different notification sounds for different email accounts.
That’s all, Thanks again LCG for the best email app ever.